If your computer will not boot up, there are some things that you can try. Often there is a simple solution to the problem.
- Are the lights burning on the computer, or can you hear the computer working?
- Is there a message on the screen or does the screen remain black?
- Is there an error message on the screen?
The computer shows no signs of life
- Check that all of the plugs and cables are connected properly.
- Check that the power strips are also enabled and connected.
If everything is connected properly but the computer still shows no signs of life, the computer is defective.
The computer does make sound and/or the lights come on, but nothing appears on the screen
- Check that the cable from the monitor to the PC is properly connected. Does your PC have both horizontal and vertical connections for the monitor? Use the horizontal connection, as the vertical connection will be disabled if there is a double connection.
- Disconnect the computer’s power supply and/or remove the battery, so that the product is powered off. Now press the on/off button for 10 seconds, then connect the power source again.
If the instructions above do not solve the problem, you can assume that the product is defective.
The computer boots up, but Windows doe not load or I get an error message
In this case, you will need to perform a Windows reset. You can find instructions in the following links: